Wyverns & Waypoints is a blog dedicated to exploring dragons in video games. I’m searching for the game that fulfills the dragon power-fantasy I’ve had in my heart since I was a kid.
- My Fantastic Ranch Review: My First Management SimMy Fantastic Ranch is an adorably chibi-fied ranch management sim where you raise dragons and unicorns with the goal of becoming the most highly-regarded ranch in the kingdom. It’s definitely targeted more towards kids, with a fairly simple gameplay loop and not a ton of content, but more casual adult gamers can find a few hours of fun in this vibrant fantasy world. Serious dragon enthusiasts and gamers looking for a deep management sim may want to give this one a pass, however.
- Century: Age of Ashes Review: High-Intensity Action with the Trappings of a Typical Free-to-Play GameI’ll be honest, this is a difficult article to write, because I’m not the target audience for this game. I tend to bounce pretty hard off of multiplayer games, especially of the free-to-play variety. I just want to pay $40-$60 for a game that contains all of its content and not have to deal with grinding during limited-time seasons against other players who are just plain better than me.
- Gedda Cake Demo Review – Super Sweet, Without the Tummy AcheGedda Cake is not a high-flying, fire-raining, dragon-riding kind of dragon video game. But it does have cute, lovable draconic characters packaged with a fun new spin on the metroidvania platformer.
- Cancelled Dragon Games: Dragons that never wereIt’s no secret that games get cancelled all the time. In the indie development scene especially, it’s likely that more games never see the light of day than get released. And who knows how many games are started by AAA developers that we never hear anything about?
- “It Came From The Skies” – Examining Raptros in War of the MonstersWould it surprise you to hear that one of my favorite playable video game dragons can be found in a game that otherwise has nothing to do with them?
Posts of Interest
What Makes a Game a “Dragon Game”?
March 2, 2022
What does a game need to contain to be classified as a “dragon game”?
Upcoming Dragon Games in 2022 and Beyond – Part I
March 14, 2022
Over the next couple of years, we can look forward to sandbox survival games, a 2D metroidvania, a 3D action platformer, and more.
Upcoming Dragon Games in 2022 and Beyond – Part II
March 16, 2022
Outside of Early Access titles, dragon loving gamers have quite the variety of games to look forward to over the next year or two.
Want to help support the blog? Donate at my Ko-Fi page! All donations go to buying new games and equipment so that I can bring you new content.